Thursday, October 30, 2008

Relation-Ship

Last post: "The Guy with Computer Know-How" by The Arrogant Worms

"Well there's nothing good come from guilt
Better give it up, give it up and move on

Just owning my mistakes"

Yes, it's been a while. Quick update:

Graduated, which is good. Got a job, which is good. Moved to a condo, which is good. So I should be happy, right?

"Can't blame anyone
For anything I've done
They're my mistakes"

I have been thinking more about human relationships lately. It's so odd how seemingly random people seem to meet and become friends. Add to that the internet, which has resulted in even more random people meeting and becoming friends.

As I write this I'm chatting with a bunch of people in a chat room. I really don't "know" them per se, but none-the-less I join them each Thursday evening. The conversation is weird and not really about anything, but it's an odd kind of fun. In addition, it's very different from the old chatting in that it's voice chat now along with a video feed from our "host."

In addition, I have been chatting with a girl I met in real life. We have become very fast friends and all of our important conversations have been on MSN. Sure, we've gotten together for the odd day/evening out, but we really only talk via MSN.

"Well there's nothing good ever come from guilt
Better give it up, give it up and move on"

Not that I have anything against Internet-based relationships. There was a time when my entire social life was on-line. I met my first girlfriend on-line. That ended, but it was still a good relationship for a while. Internet relationships can be just as important as in real life. Some people seem surprised by this.

"A lie is like a bottle of wine from a cheap liquor store...
It doesn't cost much at the time but it burns as it goes down...
And you know you're gonna pay - later you say, now it's OK
But as hard as you swallow you can't shake the taste
The acid and the afterthought churning in you belly"

I've been told I'm a great friend. That should be enough. I'm trying to not worry about any other relationships.

"And it leaves you with nothing but regrets
Just owning my mistakes"

No comments: