Monday, March 24, 2008

Prepare to launch

Last post: "Auld lang syne" by Robert Burns
"Am I alive or thoughts that drift away?
Does summer come for everyone?
Can humans do what prophets say?
If I die before I learn to speak
Can money pay for all the days I lived awake
But half asleep?
"

We're in the final stretch now with two more weeks of classes. I'm doing well, despite volunteering for an extra task. My final project is complete, my portfolio DVD is getting close, and I have my internship information. I really don't know what is going to happen next, which is a rather strange feeling. I haven't had a lot of time to think about it, but that time is coming soon. I've been preparing, but can I be fully prepared?
"A life is time, they teach you growing up
The seconds ticking killed us all
A million years before the fall
You ride the waves and don't ask where they go
"

I've been thinking about the wrong things, really. Obsessed about potential love, which isn't real. Hopefully the internship and coming job search will take my mind off of all that. I still need focus to finish up these last couple weeks. I am looking forward to the grad show, which I've been a part of. Hopefully that too will go well.

I've been watching The Office a lot. There is this constant theme of unrequited love, so I really identify with Jim. It's also a very funny show and I highly recommend it to anyone who actually reads this.
"I've been downhearted baby
Ever since the day we met
"

No comments: