Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The life Eclectic

Last post: "Prey" by Syntax

"Look up, what do you see?
All of you and all of me
Fluorescent and starry
Some of them, they surprise.
"


My friend Katie asked me what kind of music I listen to. I've found this question harder to answer because my music collection seems to make little sense. iTunes tells me I have 386 different artists ranging from classical to hard rock, and to everything in-between and sideways. The simplest answer is I like a little of everything, but that isn't quite true. I have little to no interest in hip-hop, rap, death metal, and country. I've had musical periods where I've listened to a lot of dance, alternative, pop, rock, etc. In the end, I like what I like, but my bizarre taste knows no bounds.

I found myself at HMV this evening examining their selection of 2/$30, 2/$20, and 2/$10. I found a two pack of American Beauty and The Virgin Suicides as a 2/$20, but was then forced to consider what other title to get? I suppose I could've just paid the $12.99 but a deal's a deal, so I kept looking. Finding little else I ended up with another two-pack...The Mortal Kombat movies! Talk about diametrically opposed. Now, a deal's a deal but I really could've done without Mortal Kombat Annihilation. This is quite possibly the worst movie ever made.

I guess I have the next movie night covered.

"The bus ride, I went to write this, 4:00 a.m.
This letter.
"


There was a letter once, written for me. Its contents could've changed my life. I never got to read it, though. It was torn up before I even got it, to protect someone else. I often wonder if it was worth the sacrifice. I so often wonder what my life would be like if I had received that letter.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation wasn't so bad. It wasn't that good, but it wasn't that bad either.

Lana said...

American Beauty?! I love that movie. I guess I should visit HMV. Now if they had Amelie on that deal, it would be perfect! (Side note - Read the Virgin Suicides!)