Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Time is Here

Last post: “Mr. Roboto” by Styx

An angel returned
That night through the sky
But time it was short
He had to decide

And so as he flew
Back over the land
A gift for his Lord
Was there in his hand


So with Christmas comes a break in the insane routine. I managed to get everything done with, at least, some competence. I guess I’ll always think I could’ve done more, but at the time it was about getting stuff done. I must admit, I admire the resolve of some of my classmates who managed to complete projects within hours, or even minutes, of them being due. Of course, I didn’t lose nearly as much sleep as they did.

Listen to the bells as they ring
Listen to the message they bring
Listen to the sound
As they sing as one voice in the night

Hoping that we'll all understand
Every dream we have's in our hands
And for every bell
May they ring all through the night


I haven’t put a lot of thought into Christmas this year, as I haven’t had much time. I have no decorations, no tree (no room), no presents anyway, and no one to share it with. This isn’t exactly new as my family weren’t ideal Christmas companions. I’ll spend some extra time with my Dad and try to hang out with any friends who are around.

Kyrie among nations
Kyrie among nations
Kyrie among nations
Hear the bells ring through the night


At least I’ve regained my appreciation of Christmas music. I got rather sick of it during my tenure at Wal-Mart.

No comments: